Modded App Introduction
While the Amazon App Store is the best place to search and find apps and games for your Kindle Fire, you can still make use of some other equally great alternative Modded App Store For Kindle
. Want to discover even more great apps for your Kindle Fire? What about Google apps or apps that aren’t available by default in the Amazon App Store?
You can easily get all of these apps for your Kindle Fire as long as you install an alternative app store on your tablet.
Install An Alternative Kindle Fire App Store
None of the following alternative app stores for Kindle Fire are available on the Amazon Appstore to download and install, so you can only get them on your device via side loading.
Don’t worry, though. This is a very simple process that takes a few seconds. Here’s what to do:
- Your Kindle Fire won’t allow you to install non-Amazon apps by default (and these alternative app stores are non-Amazon apps), so you’ll need to allow the installation of apps outside of the Amazon Appstore first. To do this, go to Settings > Security > Apps from unknown sources.
- UPDATE: After a software update, you may now need to go to Settings > Apps > Apps from unknown sources
- Make sure you allow installation of non-Amazon apps (the toggle button should be on the right and should be orange).
After doing the above, follow the installation instructions below for each app store you want to install on your tablet.
Best Alternative App Stores for Kindle Fire
Kindle Fire Alternative App Store # 1:Google Play
This is the biggest and best app store, with millions of apps and games. Unfortunately, Kindle Fire tablets don’t come with the Play Store; the Amazon App Store is your default app store.
The good news is that you can easily and quickly install Google Play on your Kindle Fire and enjoy all the apps and games you can find there.
It is no longer necessary to introduce the Play Store. You probably already know that this is the default app store for almost all other Android devices. Since Android apps are compatible with Kindle Fire devices, you can make full use of the Play Store on your Kindle Fire.
Kindle Fire Alternative App Store #2: Mobogenie
This is one of the most popular alternative app stores for Kindle Fire and Android devices. It has a large collection of curated apps and is best known for making smart app recommendations.
This app store is available as a PC client (and app manager at the same time) and as an Android app that you install on your Kindle Fire.
When you install the store, you will be presented with a list of must-have apps (the most popular and frequently installed apps). They are usually very good recommendations!
- Fortunately, installing Mobogenie on your Kindle Fire is very quick and easy. This is all you need to do:
- Go to the Mobogenie website and click on the yellow download button, as shown in the screenshot below. Or you can use your Kindle Fire to visit your website in your Silk browser:http://www.mobogenie.com/
- When the APK file has finished downloading, copy it to your Kindle Fire.
- Use an application manager to open the APK file you just copied. Install it like any Android app (see the tutorial, How to Install Android Apps on Kindle Fire).
- You can now find Mobogenie in your Kindle Fire’s app grid and install any app you want.
Alternative Kindle Fire App Store #3: F-Droid
This is a somewhat smaller app store compared to the Amazon App Store or Play Store, but it has a very specific focus. In the F-Droid app store, you will only find free and open-source software applications.
What it means in practice is that you’ll only find apps here that are free, don’t track users, and don’t show ads. When installing new apps from the Amazon App Store, it is not always immediately clear whether an app has advertisements or not.
This alternative Kindle Fire app store can be a good option if you don’t like ads, which can be very intrusive at times.
Install this alternative app store on your Kindle Fire the same way you install any of the APKs above or below. All you need to do is:
- Visit F-Droid’s website and click the download button to download the APK file to your computer. Or you can use your Kindle Fire to visit your website in your Silk browser: https://f-droid.org/
- When the APK file is downloaded, copy it to your Kindle Fire. You can do this through a USB cable or through a cloud service.
- Use an application manager to open the APK file you just copied. Install it like any Android app (see Tutorial: Install Android Apps on Kindle Fire).
- You can now find F-Droid in your Kindle Fire’s app grid and install any app you want.