Android TV boxes have become increasingly popular due to their versatility and ability to transform any ordinary TV into a smart entertainment center. One of the key features of these devices is the capability to install third-party applications, often referred to as APKs. In this step-by-step guide, we will walk you through the process of installing an APK on your Android TV box, enabling you to access a wide range of apps beyond those available on the official app store.
Install Apk on Android TV Box
Step 1: Enable “Unknown Sources” on your Android TV box
Before installing any APKs, you need to enable the option to install apps from sources other than the official app store.
- Navigate to “Settings” on your Android TV box.
- Scroll down and select “Device Preferences” or “Security & Restrictions.”
- Look for the “Unknown Sources” option and toggle it ON.
Step 2: Download the APK file
- On your computer or Android TV box browser, search for the desired APK file.
- Ensure that you download the APK from a trusted source to avoid potential security risks.
- Step 3: Transfer the APK file to your Android TV box
- Now that you have the APK file, you’ll need to transfer it to your Android TV box. There are two common methods to do this:
Method A: USB Drive
- Insert a USB drive into your computer.
- Copy the APK file from your computer and paste it into the USB drive.
- Eject the USB drive safely and insert it into one of the available USB ports on your Android TV box.
Method B: Network File Transfer
- Make sure your Android TV box and computer are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Install a file manager app from the Google Play Store on your Android TV box (e.g., ES File Explorer).
- On your computer, open a web browser and type the Android TV box’s IP address (find it in the network settings).
- Enter the IP address in the computer’s browser, and you should see the Android TV box’s file system.
- Navigate to the appropriate folder (e.g., “Downloads”) and upload the APK file.
Step 4: Install the APK file
- Using a file manager app (if not installed, download one from the Play Store), locate the APK file on your Android TV box.
- Click on the APK file to start the installation process.
- A confirmation screen will appear, asking for permission to install the app. Click “Install.”
Step 5: Open the installed app
- Once the installation is complete, you’ll see a confirmation message.
- If the app has an icon, you can find it in the app drawer or on the home screen.
- If the app doesn’t have an icon, you can access it by going to “Settings” > “Apps” > [App Name].
By following this step-by-step guide, you can easily install APKs on your Android TV box, broadening your entertainment options beyond what’s available on the official app store. However, always exercise caution while installing APKs, as some may pose security risks. Stick to trustworthy sources and regularly update your apps to ensure a secure and enjoyable Android TV box experience.